From its beginnings, Tobey Hospital has played a major role in the health and well-being of Wareham citizens. Tobey Hospital has grown from a small facility some 75 years ago to an institution with 600 employees today. Tobey Hospital was organizationally established in 1938 and opened its doors for the first time in 1940 with 40 inpatient beds, a newborn nursery, two operating rooms, X-ray facilities and a laboratory. Major construction efforts ensued in the following decades to include the additions of North and South wings; the Theodore H. Barth Intensive Care Unit,; the Susanna K. Tobey Wing (a four-story addition that cost $2.5 million, but nearly doubled patient capacity); and a new Emergency/Radiology Wing, which also featured a new Surgical Day Care Unit and Intermediate Care Unit. This sketch is of the clock tower on the corner of the Susanna K. Tobey Wing and is an integral part of the main entrance. Prismacolor Premier fine line markers in a Stillman and Birn sketchbook.