The present Notre Dame Church was built in 1926. The parish was was formed in 1869 as one of the earliest francophone Roman Catholic parishes in southern New England. The full name of the church is Notre dame de l”Assomption des Canadiens. Notre Dame parish has a disinguished history and was once considered ther mother church for French Canadiens both Acadians and Quebecois in Worcester County. This downtown Worcester landmark closed in July of 2008 and the future is uncertain by the developer of the area. Faber-Castell Pitt Art pens in Sanguine in a Stillman and Birn sketchbook.