The Old Cabot Pond/Old Pond Dam is an earthen dam that was built in 1751, and originally supplied foundaries and forges with waterpower. These foundries/forges supplied cannons for the colonist cause during the American Revolutionary War. Forging continued in the area until about 2007. The plaque below the millstone at the base of the dam embankment for Old Pond states that Mulberry Brook provided power to gristmills as early as 1742 and iron foundries and furnaces as early as 1752. Faber-Castell Pitt pens in a Stillman and Birn Alpha Series Sketchbook.